Thursday, October 29, 2009

Gifts - Handmade Baby Bunny & Blanket

Day 289

I am one of 'those' people. I like to make things for people. When everyone else is flocking to some store to buy mass-produced gifts, I am toiling away in my workroom. I am sure I have frustrated/confused recipients of some of my gifts. Like the bunny and blanket combo I made for my cousin's baby shower. I think its adorable and hope she will like it, but who's to say she wouldn't have preferred something from her registry at babies r us?

Handmade baby gift

The softie is inspired by mini moopy. You can buy the original pattern here. I must have downloaded it ages ago, though, because it was free then! My softie is bigger than moopy and no felt face, just a cute little felt nose.

The blanket was super easy, just a piece of super soft bumpy fabric and a piece of vintage linen sewn together. I found a great tutorial for baby blankets over at sew4home. Next time I will be more ambitious in the blanket department.

No comments: