Friday, December 18, 2009

Fri-DIY - Gift Packaging


Christmas is nearly upon us! I hope all of your presents are made or purchased and awaiting the final gift wrap touch. A great present is so much better when wrapped with extra attention. AND beautifully wrapped presents look so much better peeking out from under a tree or handed to someone special. This week's Fri-DIY has some lovely and easy ways to amp up the anticipation of unwrapping a present.

I love the combination of fabric and paper for the gift tags above. She handily provided her cute template to download, but these could be made from scratch easily enough as well. Heck. you don't even need the fabric, use a piece of the wrapping on the present and be super coordinated!


Peapods idea to recycle old catalogs into gift tags is pretty, practical, and earth friendly. Santa likes it when we recycle. I love that she used a punch, but circle or rectangles would be just as nice.


If things are just TOO busy to craft pretty packaging, Domestifluff has kindly offered her adorable printable gift tags for free! Print, cut and stick.


And for even more ideas, head over to The Martha for a slide show of over 70 gift wrap ideas!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Cute tag ideas! I still have a few more gifts to wrap so I am heading over to check out more of Martha's ideas. Btw, I love that you feature Martha Stewart's projects here. Sometimes I think I'm the only one my age that likes her :)

Jenn

Stephanie said...

Haha, I love the Martha! She can be a bit much at times, but she (and the super talented people in her employ) has some great ideas.