Tuesday, August 4, 2009

How To - Girly Coozies

Day 196

I have a new friend who recently complained that I hadn't made something for her yet. BUT things have been busy, so I couldn't launch into a huge project. I came up with these cute felt coozies as a super quick solution. They don't have bottoms to them, but we didn't have a problem with the cans slipping through when gave them a test run.

Materials needed:
8.5" x 11" pieces of felt, assorted colors
fabric scraps
rotary cutter
pinking shears
sewing machine
thread

Cut the felt into strips 8.5" x 4" using the rotary cutter. Cut the fabric scraps into strips 3/4" x 8.5" using the pinking shears. Layout 2 fabric scrap strips on to the felt and sew down. Fold the felt strip in half with the fabric strips facing in. Sew together with 1/2" seam. Flip coozie right side out and enjoy a frosty beverage!


1 comment:

Emily said...

How cute! My friends also like to pester me to make them things... luckily I enjoy giving in :)