Friday, March 26, 2010

Fri-DIY - Gifts to Make (Happy Birthday to me!)

I realized today that I never posted a Meatless Monday this week. However, today I turn the big 3-0, so I am going to cut myself some slack.

In honor of myself (hey, it's my blog, I can do that!) here are some great tutorials I would like to make and give to myself as birthday presents.


Pretty pretty leaf cuff from maya*made
. My leather scraps and vintage buttons are demanding to be made in to several of these!


A lovely set of spring-time napkins from Purl Bee. This tutorial has a fantastic explanation for how to do ric-rac trim. I've never tried trim before because I was afraid a lot of cursing would ensue. However, now I think I should be able to master it!


A twirly patch-work skirt courtesy of Moda Bake Shop
. Yes, this is for a child, but I could adapt for a grown up. I love love the colors used for the tutorial!

Happy crafting!

1 comment:

JEn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!