Monday, March 8, 2010

Meatless Monday - Roasted Cauliflower with Capers and Onion

Mmm, cauliflower. I don't believe there is a winter vegetable I enjoy quite as much. As winter draws to a close here in the south (finally!) I have found myself trying to cram as much cauliflower goodness in before my attention turns to spring greens and white cucumbers.

Roasting cauliflower is my go-to technique for everday cauliflower consumption. It's relatively quick and extremely easy. Cauliflower also takes well to lots of flavors, which makes it versatile, too. Feel free to experiment at will.

1 head cauliflower will serve 4 people as a side dish.

1 head cauliflower, washed and cut into 1 inch florets
1 onion, halved and finely sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 Tablespoon drained capers

Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except capers. Line a baking sheet with foil and arrange cauliflower in a single layer on the sheet.

Bake for 40-50 minutes, stirring once halfway through, until cauliflower is nicely browned. Top with capers and serve warm.

No comments: