Thursday, July 3, 2008

Movie Love - Rear Window


image from All Posters

Rear Window is one of my all time favorite movies. What's not to love? OK, so the going is a little slow compared to most movies today. Great acting, witty comments, pretty people, and Edith Head's costumes certainly make up for the slow pace, though.

image from Gone Movies

image from Gone Movies

Grace Kelly and Jimmy Stewart are the main stars, but I also love Thelma Ritter who plays the insurance company nurse (did they really have those?!?). She is priceless and her character reminds me eerily of my late grandmother.

The thing that caught my eye during my last viewing, though, was how nicely the apartment is appointed. For a traveling bachelor photographer, I'd expect home base to be little more than a cot and some books stacked on the floor. I can only assume that his lovely girlfriend did the majority of the work. Perhaps that's why she's obsessed with switching all the stylish lamps on every time she arrives?

Rear window lamps
original images from here

No comments: