Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Recipe: Calimocho


Calimocho, originally uploaded by sanpayball.

Photo from Flickr user sanpayball

It's officially HOT this week in the south, which calls for cool and refreshing drinks at all times. I was pleased last month that this article mentioned one of my favorite lighter cocktails, calimocho. A college friend spent a semester in Spain, and returned with the recipe. At first telling, it sounds foul. But I was young and thirsty, so I drank up when presented with a glass. It's not too sweet, not too dry, and very good ice cold. It's also incredibly easy to make. If you're feeling really brave, try drinking it out of one of these. Just don't wear a good shirt the first time you try.

Equal parts:
Cola, I prefer Coke
Red wine, Rioja is best, but any kind is OK

Combine over ice and enjoy.

No comments: