Monday, September 15, 2008

Movie Love - Chocolat


Occasionally, when I can no longer deny that I will be traveling via airplane in the very near future, I find myself irresistibly drawn to do something specific. The something changes every time, though, and I always give in because I'm irrationally afraid I won't get the chance to do it again. You know, in case the plane goes down in a fiery blaze. Or veers off the runway. Or crashes in the ocean and we all survive, only to be feasted on by sharks. Or I have a total meltdown in the airport and end up committed somewhere.

Once, it was an overwhelming desire to read the latest Harry Potter book. I was already in the airport when it struck and paid a RIDICULOUS amount for it, but I wanted to at least have started it... just in case. When we flew to Scotland last year, it was to eat a Bojangle's cajun filet biscuit, seasoned fries, and wash them down with an enormous sweet tea. Now, in less than 48 hours, I have to fly on a plane, and before it happens, I am feeling the need to watch Chocolat one more time.

The movie is so charming, but for me, it's really just about her...

and him...

with some of this thrown in.


I also adore her fantastic outfits, the assault with a frying pan, and her hair cut. If I had hair that would behave at all, this is the hair cut I would have for eternity. Unfortunately, if I cut it this short, I would look more like this than the lovely Vianne in the movie. So, I am off to start some popcorn, power up the DVD player, and settle in for an enjoyable afternoon with the residents of Lansquenet-sous-Tannes... just in case.

No comments: