Friday, January 8, 2010

Fri-DIY - Get Organized


Did you make any resolutions for this new year? I only made one, to try something I have never done before once a month. I made a list. I'll post it soon and update my progress here as I check things off.

HOWEVER, if you made a resolution to be more organized, this week's Fri-DIY has ideas to help that task be easier and more stylish.

I love the simplicity of the envelope organizer above from Cathe Holden. A great idea for repurposing and every day item into something helpful and pretty good looking. Especially if you spring for some of these pretties. One of these could be hung on the fridge or a wall in the house, or fold it up and keep it in a pocket book so it's always handy.

I have a long, deep affection for labels. So obviously I am madly in love with these typewritten labels from Karyn over at Make Something. I think these would be great sewn onto fabric totes, or onto wide ribbon and tied around sheet sets to keep them together.


If a desk or pantry area needs some help, whip up a batch of these pretty covered cans like these from scissor variations. Any paper would work, or check out this great collection of crate labels at flickr.

A pretty filing cabinet? These are the things pretty organizational dreams are made of. Thanks to the ever talented team at design sponge for dreaming it up and making it happen (and showing us how).

Even better, pretty file folders to fill the cabinet with! Perhaps my stash of vintage sheets needs to be put to use for some of these.
Hopefully these ideas will inspire better organization and not just crafty procrastination. Scissors at the ready!

No comments: