Monday, January 4, 2010

Meatless Monday - Buttermilk Fresh Cheese

Homemade Cheese

I hope everyone had lovely holidays. The first day back to reality is never fun, so here is a fun recipe to chase away post-holiday blues!

Have I mentioned that I love the Lee Brothers? I think I have maybe once or twice. This is another cool recipe from their Simple Fresh Southern cookbook. The husband and I were intrigued with the idea of making cheese ourselves. Actually, we gasped out loud and shouted 'We can make cheese at home?!? How have we never heard of this before?!' Ok, that last part was just me, but seriously, I can make cheese now!

Once again, the Lee Brother's technique is really very easy. I highly HIGHLY recommend running out and buying their cookbook IMMEDIATELY, especially since I followed their recipe exactly to make the cheese, so I don't feel like infringing on their copyright by posting the recipe here. (psst - it's here, though, so you can try it yourself if you don't get their book right now)

No comments: